The cost of Arowana Fish in the Philippines depends on its size. Usually, the maximum size of Arowana Fish could be 5-8 inches, which costs a minimum price range of Php.600.00 to Php.1000.00. Up to date, it is equivalent to 11.82 to 19.70 USD.
A Must-Read: How Much Are Fishing Boats?
The Arowana Fish is considered an endangered species in South Asia. It can grow up to three (3) feet long. There is no common fish like Arowana; that’s why people preserved this kind of fish.
It became popular in the Philippines as it grows in the aquarium, seen in many zoos. It has different colors, sizes, and textures, which are fulfilling to watch.
How Many Types Of Arowana Fish In The Philippines?
The types will be derived from the classification system used if how many types are there. There are at least ten types of Arowana which are commonly kept as the following:
- Four from Asia
- Three from South America
- Two from Australia
- One from Africa.
Is Arowana Fish Among The Most Expensive Aquarium Fish?
Arowana fish are among the top three aquarium fish that are expensive nowadays. Check them out:
- The Platinum Arowana – The Platinum Arowana is the top and most expensive aquarium fish. The price varies at $400,000.00. The reason why is that it has unique complexities and varieties of color, which captivate the difficulty of breeding.
- The FreshWater Polka Dot Stingray – The cost of this kind of fish is $100,000.00. The reason why is that it has a U-shaped head. Since it has been genetically mutated, the U-shape head is exclusively seen from this fish.
- The Peppermint Angelfish – There is only one specimen that can be viewed in the whole world, found in Hawaii. The aquarium offers at least $30,000.00 cost. It has been preserved since there is a unique beauty.
What Is Special About Arowana Fish?
Arowana Fish is the most expensive world aquarium fish in Asia. It is only found in tropical freshwater from Southeast Asia, grown three (3) feet or more.
Traditionally, most people are encouraged to have this kind of fish as it resembles good luck and prosperity.
How Do You Take Care Of Arowana Fish?
The following are the things you should remember when feeding Arowana fish:
- The Arowana Fish are surface feeders, often gliding on your water surface.
- It would help if you fed young Arowana Fish at least 2-3 times a day, the adults once a day.
- The feeding process should take at least 2-3 minutes long.
- Dispose of the frozen foods upon or before feeding the Arowana Fish.
In conclusion, Arowana Fish are among the fish species that are easy to reproduce. This fish species can live up to 15 years in the aquarium.
But make sure to take care of them properly, especially since they also provide a good ambiance in your home. If you don’t own an Arowana fish yet, and you are planning to do so, it is never too late to visit the nearest local pet shop at your home to buy one.